[packagekit] PackageKit-gnome: saner icons usage

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:07:45 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 12:30 PM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm because I have talked with people on fedora-devel-list.
>
> I have to propose you using saner icons. What does this mean?

Can I propose that we should sort out which use cases/applications we
are talking about here ?

PackageKit ships two very different applications: pk-application and
pk-update-viewer.
pk-application is about installing new applications. It currently uses
two different "package" icons to discriminate between installed and
uninstalled applications.
pk-update-viewer is about viewing available updates for installed
packages. It uses several different icons to classify the updates by
severity (low, normal, security).

Where exactly do you propose to use application icons ?