[packagekit] PackageKit Backend Error Handling

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Tue Jan 29 02:38:37 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 19:42 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 17:00 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
[...]
> > Could someone point me in the right direction if there is something I've
> > missed, or perhaps suggest some way we might solve this?
>
> Would Message() do what you wish?

Ah, I hadn't known about Message(). I think using a warning will be
sufficient.

As far as multiple error messages are concerned, I think in this case it
may be acceptable to produce multiple warnings but allow the command to
return success, even though it may not actually have achieved anything.
Another alternative would be to return an error only if all the
sub-processes of a particular action fail.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/