[packagekit] Auto Installed Packages

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu Jan 31 05:58:45 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 17:18 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
[...]
> I think what we need to do is extend this method with another parameter
> "cleanup_deps" which would mean clean up any package that was installed
> with this one to satisfy a dep. We don't need another method as existing
> backends can ignore the request to no ill effect.
>
> Does that sound sensible?

Sounds good, but wouldn't we also need some way to communicate to the
front end which packages would be removed so the user can confirm
whether this is what they really want?

And what about a method to run a clean up operation, with no particular
specification on what it does other than do some house keeping in the
package management system.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/