[packagekit] Res: KPackageKit and Shaman working together?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 00:18:22 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 13:04 -0700, Lukas Appelhans wrote:
> I personally think it is: On Archlinux you can easily get _tons_ of
> 3rd-party-Pkgbuilds which are not downloadeable as packets...

Right, so surely you just need to fix Archlinux to have the binary
builds available? People like Suzy and Graham [1] are not going to
understand what compiling is or how to fix it when it goes wrong, and
Bevan isn't going to want to spend time doing it -- after all he doesn't
have to do it on Fedora or Ubuntu.

Richard.

[1] http://www.packagekit.org/pk-profiles.html