[packagekit] Bundles

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:30:28 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 15:26 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> What ever happened to the idea of tapping into the mugshot/bigboard
> data?

Still ongoing by some dudes at Red Hat, although I think the plan is to
closer couple PK and any online service. I don't think such out of band
data can ever be kept up to date unless it's automatic, and we're a long
way from that now.

The other point is that an application database online won't cover the
use case where we want to install random debuginfo and devel packages to
compile the latest Mesa.