[packagekit] Dependancies for PK

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu Jun 5 06:51:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 14:03 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
>> For PLD you can just take BuildRequires from the SPECs:
>>
>> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/PackageKit.spec
>> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/gnome-packagekit.spec
> Using rpm and the poldek backend, could you in theory write a
> GetBuildDepends() method to query all this stuff automatically? I'm
> pretty sure yum and apt can do it -- and this way we can just have in
> the .bundle file:
>
> InstallBuildDepends(fedora)=PackageKit
> InstallBuildDepends(ubuntu)=packagekit
> InstallPackage=glade-3

In theory as:
- it requires querying an installed (or downloaded) package for %SOURCERPM
- then figuring out where to find the .src.rpm (SRPMS repos are not
included in the default install)
- then querying the src.rpm for Requires
- then resolving and installing all the Requires

Wouldn't it be simpler to just install said src.rpm? That also gives
you the source code to hack on (including all the patches required to
make it work on your distro).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution