[packagekit] Bundles

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:36:27 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 16:09 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> The point is you _can't_ do translations and trust in a bundle[1] it's
>> deliberately kept super simple.
>>
>> Richard.
>>
>> [1] it's a bad name, and it's probably going to change
>
> As DavidZ points out, a bundle makes it sound like the package files are
> included, which they aren't. For a new name, what about digest,
> checklist, catalog, itinerary or collection.
>
> I quite like digest as a name. Others welcome.
>
> Richard.

GROUP :)

This is exactly a group in my would.
The problem is we have to many types of group.

PK Groups (which is more like a category)

Comp group (yum groups compiled from comnps xml file, yum install "Groups")

RPM Groups (Also a kind of category, not used very much)

My propocal is to call the current pk groups for categories and a call
the bundle for groups.
The groups could be mapped to the comps group or other kind of
installable groups on other backend systems, or they could be remote
groups there is some kind of xml describing that packages the contains.

Tim