[packagekit] gpk-application ui review

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Jun 6 11:11:32 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 13:37 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> - Why a toolbar ? If we need to have a toolbar, we have to do better:
> >
> > Point.
>
> I think I forgot to mention that the reason why the toolbar makes the
> width problematic is that all buttons are icon+text.

One could also argue that "text below icons" is a truly horrible default
and then say this issue is fixed by having "text beside icons" as
default. Of course, that's mostly a personal preference (it's the first
thing I change when installing Fedora) but I do find this to be an
inhibiting factor.... FWIW, I also think the default font size in Fedora
(and possibly in upstream GNOME) is way too big.. stuff like this falls
into the same bucket I guess.

     David