[packagekit] Apt backend - PkPackageId annoyance

Patrick Niklaus marex at opencompositing.org
Fri Jun 6 14:14:30 PDT 2008

> Crashing is never good, apologies. There's a couple of bugfixes in git
> master that might fix this. If you can get a backtrace I can be sure.

I attached the backtrace. It is not too helpful, but I was able to
narrow it down to line 372 in gpk-application.c:

repo_name = (const gchar *) g_hash_table_lookup
(application->priv->repos, ident->data);

Which is reasonable, since ident->data is NULL and doing a hash tabel
lookup on NULL will result in a segmentation fault.

> Lots of data here:
> http://www.packagekit.org/pk-reference.html#introduction-ideas-packageid

Ah, nice, there is documentation. :-) Thanks for pointing me that out.

Cheers,
Patrick