[packagekit] Is there a way to invoke packagekit from the command line?

Bill C. Riemers briemers at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 08:16:24 PDT 2008

Actually, I had installed gnome-packagekit with:

sudo yum --enablerepo=rawhide gnome-packagekit

Strangely enough, that worked until I rebooted.
I just did:

sudo yum --enablerepo=rawhide yum-packagekit

and I see it just updated PackageKit and PackageKit-Lib as well.

Now gnome-packagekit works again...

The failure I could explain if gnome-packagekit is missing dependencies
for the correct versions of
PackageKit and PackageKit-Lib.   However, it then becomes an even deeper
mystery why it is that
gnome-packagekit until I rebooted.

Bill