[packagekit] 1-click; Third party vendors; etc.

Mikhail Sobolev mikhail.sobolev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 02:06:44 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 13:12 +0100, Benji Weber wrote:
>> Apologies for such a long message, but there were quite a number of
>> points to respond to. It would be good to get other people's opinions
>> on these matters. If OCI is a good idea then it would be much better
>> if it would work on any distribution, and we can enhance the format if
>> necessary to accommodate others. If it is a fundamentally flawed
>> concept then we should probably not even be using it in openSUSE.
>
> Well, honestly, I think that OpenSUSE is the only distro promoting it to
> users. Tell me if I'm wrong. Cheers for your mail.
Promoting might be a too strong word, however Application Manager that
comes with Internet Tablets[1] does support single-click approach.
And while I'm not really in favour of that approach, I must say that
developers do use it.

--
Misha

[1] http://hildon-app-mgr.garage.maemo.org/install-stable.html