[packagekit] Kpackage

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:26:30 PST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE
<macanas_ped at gva.es> wrote:
> We can use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kpackage that manages deb, rpm and bsd packages.

Pedro, this isn't the kind of interface or user interaction we want.
Please understand the way PackageKit works before you suggest random
things that have no interest to most of the people on this list.

Although it might seem to you that you are being helpful in your many
thousands of people all around the planet. If we as a team of people
don't keep to just on-topic and relevant emails to the mailing list,
then people unsubscribe (as I would) and the project as a whole gets
weaker. It's always better to discuss a specific detail, or suggest
something with a patch attached (no matter how broken), rather than
finding something vaguely related to Linux packaging on Google and
sending that to the list suggesting "we" do it.

Please don't take this as an attack on you as a person. We've warned
you before about posting things that are not relevant, or even harmful
to the project and as such I've turned on your "moderate bit" in
mailman. This means that your emails will have to be checked by
someone on the packagekit development team before they will be posted
to the list.

This isn't to say that you can't send email to the list; if it's on
topic or helpful it'll be posted. When you do, please make sure that
the email is in text format (not RTF or HTML) and that you try to not
shout by using lots of caps.

Thanks,