[packagekit] running without a head via cron

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Mar 4 15:03:03 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 22:39 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 23:23 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > Actually it now works pretty well for me on F8 (where I cannot
> > have PK ;-)).
>
> You can have PackageKit for F8, I'm using it now. Just use the repo
> here: http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/

Be careful with this repo if you only want PK though. At one point it
upgraded the Fedora vendor hal packages to some of Richard's packages
that didn't work that well. I started called it contraband after both
Ray and Matthias complained to me that hal didn't work ;-)

Apart from that, the existence of the repo is a nice community service.

     David