[packagekit] Multiple calls for listing updates

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:57:47 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 20:12 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> I think it's worth making the check for each job being enqueued. If
> it's in queue next to an identical task, either both will fail or the
> first one succeeds and the second one will result in nothing being
> done. It's not exclusive for "list available updates."

Why _next_ to an identical task? Surely being in the list at all is
enough reason to fail the GetUpdates (bearing in mind that we
get ::UpdatesChanged when the list changes anyway)? I've merged that
patch for now so we can do some testing.

I think the other actions have to be queued, as they are different
transactions and headed for different clients. I'm not sure if it's a
good idea to multiplex these up in the daemon.