[packagekit] User Interaction needed

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 00:32:23 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 02:15 +0100, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
> How are you going to support the
> low-disk-space-many-packages-to-download case ?

I'm not; the the backend wants to do this, maybe it can do:

download 5 packages
depsolve those and download any more needed
install the above
download 5 more
clear the cache
depsolve them
install the above
clear the cache

This way keeping the package cache small, although adding significant
complexity to the backend.

To be honest, I'm not sure the low disk space argument hold much water -
I mean all the devices I use on a daily basis are dripping in storage,
and if i was doing a multi-disk update on DVD then I'm hardly using an
n800.