[packagekit] ServicePack: The magic file

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:11:12 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 16:56 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Following this email will be specific thread for discussion. So no code
> yet -- but I'm working on it.

At the moment in my local tree, packagekit watches for new volumes and
checks that they contain a magic filename in the root directory,
servicepack.ini - if so, adds them as a local repo using the backend.

This stops random raid disks and usb pendrives being identified as
service pack media, and also allows us to put arbitrary data in the
servicepack.ini file.

So, two questions:

* Is servicepack.ini a good name?
* What to include in the file?

For the second point, I think all we need is:

[PackageKit]
Version=1
DistroID=fedora-8-i386
Location=fedora/updates