[packagekit] ServicePack: The magic file

Jan Niklas Hasse jhasse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 05:03:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm new to the mailing list, i hope it's okay if I ask something. (And I
hope my English is okay)

* How do we Lock() the CDROM drive to stop the user pressing eject or
> unmounting the volume? We would loose the lock anytime we do a fast user
> switch.

Why do you need to Lock() the CDROM drive? All packages would be copied to a
temporary folder before installing, wouldn't they?

> * Even if we catch the ::unmount signal in the session from gvfs, the
> repo still is added and enabled. If we shutdown after doing an install
> from the media, then remove the disk when there is no power, then the
> repo is still valid. When we reboot, the backend is going to complain
> loudly that it can't find /media/disk/Fedora/Updates/metadata.xml

Is it necessary to add the repro? I thought a ServicePack are a couple of
packages which need to be installed once.

Jan