[packagekit] RFC - easy install/remove

Peter Nash peter79nash at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 10:12:51 PST 2008

well this is something a lot of people say "I don't think it should be up to (the software in question) to solve it."

But the real problem is that it is this very issue that is keeping me (and a think other new users) to migrate from Windows to Linux... Managing software in Linux ain't as easy as in Win... it should be as easy... instead of having to know which packages to remove... user should only have to select the application he wants to remove and all the packages related to that application (that ain't needed anymore) should be gone...

I think PackageKit would be the "Man" to solve this...

Anyone know if dpkg or rpm handle this yet?
(not a clue about this...)