[packagekit] RFC - easy install/remove

Peter Nash peter79nash at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 11:49:12 PST 2008

well, I'm not talking about update... i'm talking about an easy way to install/remove software...

the idea was something as easy as Xandro's CNR or Linux Mint's MintInstall

I've also found this site in this precise moment and i don't know if my idea is exactly what is expressed there... but from what i've read the idea is the same

http://opensuse.awardspace.com/

and if PackageKit already have the package catalog (which does more or less the same 1-click install does) then only an easy way to remove applications is missing

James, I'm not sure Apt does what i though about...