[packagekit] RFC - easy install/remove

Peter Nash peter79nash at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 11:49:12 PST 2008

well, I'm not talking about update... i'm talking about an easy way to install/remove software...

the idea was something as easy as Xandro's CNR or Linux Mint's MintInstall

I've also found this site in this precise moment and i don't know if my idea is exactly what is expressed there... but from what i've read the idea is the same

and if PackageKit already have the package catalog (which does more or less the same 1-click install does) then only an easy way to remove applications is missing

James, I'm not sure Apt does what i though about...