[packagekit] gnome-packagekit: patch to display where an application was installed

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 06:24:52 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 15:03 +0100, Sylvain Baubeau wrote:
> When an application is installed using gnome-packagekit, and if this
> application installs a .desktop file in the Application menu,
> gnome-packagekit displays a dialog window to suggest launching it.
> This patch makes gnome-packagekit to also display where this
> application can  be found in the Application menu.
> For instance : "Shortcut : Applications -> Accessories -> Calculator".
> Hope it's useful to someone.

Great! I've been wondering how to do this for ages! I also think this
makes a lot of sense to put into gpk-aplication when we start showing
multiple applications per-package.

Is a libgnome-menu dependency in the GTK tools a problem for anyone
here? If it is, we can always make it a conditional one.

Thanks!