[packagekit] GetMimeTypes API addition?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 03:44:43 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 12:06 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> pk group (a group of packages, with an hardcoded groupname)
> meta-package (a group of packages with an custom name)
> collection (a group of packages with an custom name)
> category (a branch in a tree to link collections to)

No, I think this is more accurate:

Enumerated group: small number of groups of packages with hardcoded name
Collection: meta group of packages as a package
Category: custom group containing a number of packages or other groups

> I see the categories like the tree and the collections is fruit hanging
> on the tree.

I don't think you need to enforce the difference. The fruit are the
packages, and the tree is the categories.

I really don't think you need two methods and two signals just to set up
a tree structure.

Let me play with some code, and then I'll post to the list for review
(and then you can rip my idea to shreds :-)