[packagekit] GetMimeTypes API addition?

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:19:04 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 16:40 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
>
>> looks fine to me.
>>

> Cool, I've committed this, thanks. Could you look at porting the yum
> bits for this when you have a few minutes?

I have made the the yum backend bits, but i get some errors
TI:07:35:23    TH:0x8b15458    FI:pk-backend-spawn.c
FN:pk_backend_spawn_parse_stdout,390
 - invalid command 'category'
TI:07:35:23    TH:0x8b15458    FI:pk-backend-spawn.c
FN:pk_backend_spawn_stdout_cb,451
 - failed to parse 'category    rpmfusion_nonfree
@hardware-support    Hardware Support    This group is a collection of
tools for various hardware specific utilities.
/usr/share/pixmaps/comps/hardware-support.png'

it look like it is failing because there is not 5 parms, but it look
like there is 5 strange :(

> Also, as a general point, could you please commit things like shopper,
> the depsolving fixes and sys.stdin.readline in seporate commits please,
> as then we can bisect if required to try to find any regressions we
> introduce.

Yes, of cause, i have put the yum backend pieces in one commit, the
readline in another, shopper is not commited to master yet
have to clean it up at bit first.
> Do you think we need shopper in the main repo? I think the interface is
> now sufficiently simple to not need an example. Feedback?

I think an working gui example is great to show the power of the python
client api and it is also good, to test if the API calls take to long.
I will only exist in the git repo, no need to put it into the release
tarballs.

Tim