[packagekit] Add-on Media

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:01:47 PDT 2008

> Does PackageKit support installing a set of packages from a add-on
> media. If I have say a CD dump of updated packages/custom packages +
> metadata, would I be able to insert the media and have PackageKit do
> something intelligent with it?

Well, it understand ServicePacks -- if you run "man pkgenpack" you'll
find out more about what they can do.

I intend on making service packs contain updates soon too, so you can
do:

pkgenpack --with-package-list=/media/USB/package-list.txt dir=/home/rishi/Desktop --updates

and then just double click on them in a host machine to get all the
updates.