[packagekit] Missing groups?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Sep 15 09:52:30 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:

>> - DATABASES (currently going to "Programming" or so?)
>
> Hmm. Seems a bit vague.

Well, it contains MySQL and PostgreSQL and SQLite and friends.
I wouldn't look for those applications in Programming myself ?

>> - FILE (mostly file managers, some random tools too)
>
> Seems very vague :-) Translators need to translate the context, not
> just
> the word.

It's either of File tools, File utilities or File applications -
depending on which vendor you ask. I just called it "FILE" :-)

>> Like "Fedora Packager" now in the Office group, for instance.
>> Guess some of this group sorting should be exported/reviewed.
>
> Yes, I think it's very backend specific at the moment too.

Even worse, it is specific to the vendor/repository even... :-P
I went with one huge map, and some specific cleanup for Fedora*.

* the other users of RPM seems have sorted out the X desktops
already, while Fedora has them in one group. Ditto for fonts.

--anders