[packagekit] Dynamic Groups in Packagekit

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 09:22:37 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 09:15 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Valid point -- I've got that effect on my rawhide install where koji
> supplies no comps, and livna does, so only about half of the groups have
> any packages in.
>
> That's one thing we really need to fix.

Comps consumers (that is the Fedora grouping metadata) typically hide
the empty groups, so that when one repo hands you a group definition but
you don't have any packages that show up in that group, you just hide
the group.  There are some icky heuristic as to how many packages must
be present in a group in order for the group to be 'visible' and that
same heuristic should probably be used by all comps consumers.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!