[packagekit] Dynamic Groups in Packagekit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 05:21:16 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 08:56 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> 1. the categories/groups used in the installer is different than the
> one defined in packagekit, that is confusing for the user.
>
> 2. the packagekit groups are hardcoded, so the distro has no way to
> add special groups, important to the distro.

For 0.3.x we need to keep the current hardcoded groups. When we want to
add API to support other types of groups, we'll do it in 0.4.x

Please don't commit anything in 0.3.x (master) if you want to play with
any new features and apis, please create a branch in packagekit.org git
and work there.

I know we are all keen to find a better solution, but for now I think
it's best we work in a branch and then we can cheery pick later when we
branch for 0.4.x.