[packagekit] PackageKit and gnome-packagekit 0.3.5 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:38:56 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 11:36 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I am getting a 403 error for those NEWS files, looks like fd.o issues.

Looks like gitweb is down, I'll show them here:

PACKAGEKIT

Version 0.3.5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2008-09-29

Translations:
 - Add new Malay translation (Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan)
 - Updated Czech translation (Adam Pribyl)
 - Updated Polish translation (Piotr Drąg)
 - Updated Catalan translation (Xavier Conde)

New Features:
 - Add new API so we can avoid loading data when we are just writing (Richard Hughes)
 - Add a helper which can be used by GStreamer to install codecs.
   The conversion code was written by Bastien Nocera (Richard Hughes)
 - Add an abstract filter object as backends keep getting this wrong (Richard Hughes)
 - Keep an array of modification times for the desktop files so we don't force
   processing each unchanged one when we do RefreshCache. Fixes fd#17817 (Richard Hughes)

Bugfixes:
 - Turn off synchronous fsync when using PkExtra as the data isn't valuable (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't send ::Finished() when the script exits because of a dispatcher exit (Richard Hughes)
 - When we have more than one transaction queued, don't try to run them all at once (Richard Hughes)
 - Check if an instance is already running (Richard Hughes)
 - Finish a cached transaction in an idle loop (Richard Hughes)
 - Fix up a couple of potential crashers in PkControl if SetLocale fails (Richard Hughes)
 - Remove all the funny '^','|',<tab> seporators and make the delimiters all the same (Richard Hughes)
 - libpackagekit needs sqlite, so mark it as such in the pkgconfig file (Richard Hughes)
 - Python client: add the right type to obj vars to the Package object (Tim Lauridsen)
 - Python client: store the whole info in PackageKitPackage (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - Python client: store 'free' strings as unicodes instead of utf-8 encoded (Sebastian Heinlein)

Backends:
 - apt: Add a decorator which cleans up the system cache lock (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Check if the in memory cache is insync with the file cache (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Enhance the test script to a full package client (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Do not fork the whole backend to only run dpkg (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Use openpty() to create a fd which can be used for stdin and stdout (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Do not require to lock the cache before running dpkg (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Scan for debian bugs and cves referred to in the changelog (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Fix config file prompts in direct dpkg calls and add a small sleep (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Instead of catching and answering a config file prompt just set the dpkg options --force-confdef and --force-confold (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - alpm: Added support for new pacman, resolver stuff changed and moved functions to another thread (Valeriy Lyasotskiy)
 - smart: Restore the missing installed collections (Anders F Bjorklund)
 - smart: Always use the dispatcher (Anders F Bjorklund)
 - smart: Look for apt metapackages as well as yum/yast (Anders F Bjorklund)
 - pisi: Convert the backend to using a dispatcher (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Added set-locale support and return translated collection name & decription (Tim Lauridsen)
 - yum: Use the LANG environment var to set language of group names & decriptions (Tim Lauridsen)
 - yum: Make the yum comps db use a version, so we can change the schema in the future (Tim Lauridsen)
 - yum: Fix the name of the enum when no mirrors are found (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Fix up a load of issues with rpmlint in yumBackend (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Make the check for additional deps much faster in the specific case where we can emulate a transaction (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Use the new PackagekitFilter abstract object (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Always enforce a finished call after ErrorCode to avoid a daemon warning (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Fix getting the update list after we installed updates (Richard Hughes)
 - zypp: Fix returning bogus packages by setting ignoreAlreadyRecommended (Scott Reeves)

GNOME PACKAGEKIT

Version 0.3.5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2008-09-29

* Translations
 - Updated Polish translation (Tomasz Dominikowski)
 - Updated Polish documentation (Tomasz Dominikowski)
 - Updated Spanish translation (Daniel Mustieles)
 - Updated French translation (Ivan Buresi and Robert-André Mauchin)
 - Updated Norwegian bokmål translation (Kjartan Maraas)

* New
 - Add an animated icon for the testing phase (Mike Langlie)
 - Add a new GConf key to enable certain firmware files to be skipped (Richard Hughes)

* Bugfix:
 - Set the window title when we do update-system (Richard Hughes)
 - Define a GConf key that contains a list of banned firmware that will never be
   searched for (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't use functions deprecated from GTK (Richard Hughes)
 - Provide functionality to find the user_time when not set on the DBUS interface (Richard Hughes)
 - Add the missing role and status icons, and fix the self checks that missed them (Richard Hughes)
 - Fix setting modality from gpk-update-viewer (Richard Hughes)
 - When we install multiple applications, make sure we search for all the applications (Richard Hughes)
 - Set the dialog message to be blank in more places (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't run interactive self tests when doing make distcheck (Richard Hughes)
 - Call hardware check in gpk-update-icon (Scott Reeves)
 - Try to handle multiple hal DeviceAdded events for single plug (Scott Reeves)