[packagekit] Res: One click install support in PackageKit

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Apr 3 09:44:35 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 09:00 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
>> Good point.  This means that package catalogs, as written, are
>> only a replacement for a small subset of OCI.
>
> Yes, by design.

I also want to strip out parts of OCI (being able to
stitch together frankenpackages from multiple
repositories freaks me out).

Speaking of catalogs, I just noticed that the example in the FAQ is ambiguous:

# For each architecture on Fedora 8, install one of the two different
compat files
InstallFiles(fedora-8-i686)=/usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so
InstallFiles(fedora-8-x64)=/usr/lib64/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so

Shouldn't that read

# For each architecture on Fedora 8, install the package containing
one of the two different compat files

Otherwise it looks like package catalogs can install just one file
out of a package, which probably isn't what you meant.
- Dan