[packagekit] PackageKit on FreeBSD

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Apr 24 15:10:49 PDT 2009

Richard Hughes wrote:

> Just a heads up. I've checked a few fixes into git to fix the compile
> of PackageKit on FreeBSD. I've been using 7.1-RELEASE-p4 for testing.
>
> Obviously, there is no pkg_add backend (hint, hint) but the dummy
> backend seems to be working well. Now all somebody has to do is
> contribute a backend!

The smart backend should work for freebsd:
https://code.launchpad.net/~afb/smart/ports

There's also a matching branch for solaris:
https://code.launchpad.net/~afb/smart/pkg

It's all kinda experimental, but still...
Should work for browsing packages, at least.

The other package formats supported are:
rpm, deb, slackware and (upcoming) archlinux

--anders