[packagekit] more small ui issues

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:58:18 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 20:12 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> It feels like teasing to show a list of 'collections', but provide no
> obvious way to list their contents. It seems that you can actually get
> at the collection contents via the "Depends" menuitem. Maybe that
> should be made more obvious.

Any ideas? List the package list as a tooltip?

> Virtually all the entries under Languages have a tooltip of " ".
> Curiously, Armenian has a nice tooltip...

Those all come from the fedora metadata, we probably need to name and
shame comps and try to get more comments and translations in.

> There's again several help buttons that are not left aligned.

They are all set secondary, so I think it's just the GtkHButtonBox not
accepting the expand property. I can't seem to set this in gtkparasite
either. I've tried manually adding this in the glade file, and also
setting:

       widget = gtk_dialog_get_action_area (GTK_DIALOG (widget));
       g_object_set (GTK_BOX(widget), "expand", TRUE, NULL);

But apparently I can't just do that:

       IA__g_object_set_valist: object class `GtkHButtonBox' has no property named `expand'

I'm sure the action area used to be expanded by default in F10.

Richard