[packagekit] Regarding rollbacks

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett dmacvicar at suse.de
Mon Feb 16 03:01:04 PST 2009

Richard Hughes wrote:
> I do agree there needs to be some unification of the history here --
> except the low level tool is missing three pieces of important data:
>
> 1. What tool invoked the method
> 2. What user is doing the action
> 3. _Why_ the action is being done
>
> For instance, it's easy to examine the yum log and find out that
> gstreamer-plugins-good was installed yesterday, but you have to use
> PackageKit log viewer to discover that it was installed by "totem" by
> user "ania".

That is the yum case :-)

but libzypp already saves that information. It would be cool if we could
expose the history natively. And leave the PK sqlite history for
backends not having history at all (actually not a bad idea for quite a
lot of APIs, provide a default, allow overriding :-) )

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST