[packagekit] Proposal for RPM To CD functionality in Packagekit

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:04:36 PST 2009

Hi

I was just going through the docs in Packagekit and also the code and i was
just thinking on how about Packagekit having a plugin kind of stuff where in
it also does the job of  an offline repository creation which can be written
on to the DVD. I thought its a good feature to have too. This helps in
avoiding the same packages to be downloaded everytime and it could be shared
too. I could start working on this if you feel that what i speak makes
sense. I was talking to Richard on this few days back and i had told him
that i would come up with a design note ( a small write up ) on what it
would be like and how i propose to do it.

Let me know your suggestions and comments.

Cheers,
Balaji