[packagekit] Proposal for RPM To CD functionality in Packagekit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 04:05:43 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 10:34 +0530, "G" wrote:
> I was talking to Richard on this few days back and i had told him that
> i would come up with a design note ( a small write up ) on what it
> would be like and how i propose to do it.
>
> Let me know your suggestions and comments.

Sounds great, some of our enterprise customers are desperate to run
repos off physical media.

Bear in mind we have to deal with locking the drive, and interaction
with the user "do you want to run this cd?" and also disk content types.

In the archives from a few months ago I wrote up some past research,
might be interesting to you.