[packagekit] [Aisleriot] Installing artwork packages

Christian Persch chpe at gnome.org
Thu Jan 8 12:34:41 PST 2009

Hi;

I'm trying to use packagekit to allow the user to install new card theme
packages for Aisleriot [1]. However I'm not completely sure which
method I should use, so I'm asking for guidance on this from you.

From what the DBUS interface offers, I can think of these possible ways
to use it:

 * InstallPackageNames: the package names (e.g. gnome-games-extra-data,
kdegames-card-data) are distro-specific, and hardcoding the list would
also limit the choice to packages known to me, instead of any package
available.

 * InstallMimeTypes: the card themes are plain SVG files, so don't have
a disctintive MIME type. Should I make up MIME types, e.g.
"application/x-gnome-aisleriot-card-theme",
"application/x-kde-card-theme" etc., and tell packagers to tag
their packages with them?

Any ideas?

Thanks;
	Christian

PS: Please CC: me on replies, since I'm not subscribed.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Aisleriot