[packagekit] doc error

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:54:37 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 15:41 +0100, Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> another one, still on pk-glib:
>
> the doc says the client.package signal takes 4 args, where the code only
> takes one of type PkPackageObj.

Well, yes, the documentation is wrong (fixed in
742297ee43b1452ac68261ba1733192207261da8), but see below.

> in this case, I hope the doc is right and the code wrong, as it's not
> easy to reparse the PkPackageObj stuff in packageid, reason, and so
> on...

The data sent "over the wire" is in three parameters, info, package_id
and summary. This is converted by PkClient into a PkPackageObj, which is
really just a structure tieing all three bits of data together.

In this way it's easier to refcount, and add to lists, and that sort of
thing. If you want the summary, you can just access it using
obj->summary.