[packagekit] mediarepo support in yum backend

مؤيد السعدي muayyad.alsadi at ojuba.org
Tue Jul 28 09:34:53 PDT 2009

hello,

the patch to get media repo works is ready as you can see in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MediaRepo#Packagekit

please apply the attached patch

the patch adds two files
the first is YumMediaManager.py
which implements searching for removable medias, mount them, ..etc. using
HAL

the second file is YumMediaManagerTemplate.py
which is a template to be used when porting it to any other replacement

for example if we want to use DeviceKit we just need to use the template
file without changing any line in yumbackend

the backend use this module like this

    from YumMediaManagerMyImplementation import MediaManager
    manager=MediaManager()
    media,found=None,False
    for media in manager:
        mnt=media.acquire() # get mount point, mount and lock if needed
        found=is_it_the_needed_media(mnt)
        if found: break
    if found: copy_files ..etc.
    if media: del media

I think porting that file into GIO or deviceKit is very trivial