[packagekit] Who uses PackageKit

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 4 03:52:56 PDT 2009

Rahul Sundaram [2009-06-04 16:16 +0530]:
> On 06/04/2009 03:45 PM, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Name: Kubuntu
> > Product: Kubuntu
> > Okay to mention on packagekit.org website: Yes
> > Link: http://www.kubuntu.org/
> > Logo: http://www.kubuntu.org/themes/kubuntu-theme-v2/logo.png
> > Comments: Default package installer since Kubuntu 9.04 (uses PK 0.3.14)
>
> Kubuntu uses it but not Ubuntu?

Correct. The Kubuntu community decided that they want to ignore the
problem of conffiles and debconf. This will lead to upgrade problems,
but it's their choice.

For those two reasons we can't use it as a general package
installation tool yet, and will continue to use PackageKit only for
some selected tasks in Ubuntu.

Thanks,

Martin