[packagekit] Add on media and offline package installation

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 4 05:51:12 PDT 2009

Hi

I would like to create a add-on CD or DVD for redistribution with a
specific set of packages that the distribution would not install by
default. I am looking at gpk-service-pack and it allows me to only enter
one package. My preferred work-flow would be

1) Run gpk-service-pack (This should really be installed by default)

2) Give a list of packages. Service pack with the entire list of
packages+ dependencies would be created

3) Burn this service pack to CD/DVD

On the other side,

1) user downloads CD/DVD

2) PackageKit automatically pops up and tells the user that media has
additional packages for the Fedora release he or she has installed

3) User can select and install packages they want

Comments?

Rahul