[packagekit] [gentoo-dev] Inviting you to project "PackageMap"

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at hartwork.org
Sat Jun 13 12:03:13 PDT 2009

Petteri Räty wrote:
> I mean making metadata.xml the authoritative source for mapping CPE to
> Gentoo packages. I don't want to see the situation when adding new
> packages to the tree would need some mapping being done in an external
> web service.

Well, it's a nothing more than git commit and push once you
sent me your public SSH key :-D

One of the stronger points for collaborating at the source is that
poeple who are not Gentoo devs (yet) and therefore have no write access
to the Gentoo tree can still extend and fix the Gentoo packagemap
entries.  Doing it downstream would hurt the whole project
in several ways.

Sebastian