[packagekit] New GUI

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 05:07:25 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Anders F Björklund<afb at algonet.se> wrote:
> Doesn't seem to make all that big a difference really,
> more like web browsing in new windows or in new tabs...

Not sure about that.
As i'm working on portage backend, I have gnome-packagekit installed
(with xfce) and as I launch it mostly with gpk-application, I was a
bit surprised when I realised there was a specific application for
updates, configuration, etc.
At least have them available from the toolbar or something would be interesting.

To keep your analogy, firefox doesn't have firefox-application,
firefox-preferences and firefox-plugins.

My 2 cents.

Mounir