[packagekit] search terms should be "one word" ?

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:34:52 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Richard Hughes<hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> SearchDetails: spaces allowed, but both have to be found in same section

I think SearchDetails should allow keywords in different section.
According to your specification if I'm searching "BSD game", a package
like that will not be in the result list:
Name: foo
License: BSD

Here, the search terms will hit License and Description but that's not
the same section. I think it could be great to have a more powerful
tool to let people searching for various things with some flexibility.
And "have to be found in same section" will not be easy to understand
for users.

What's your opinion ?

And when I was updating specifications (will be pushed as soon as I
have an answer about this last question), I've seen SearchName should
not be sensitive to  "-" and "_". You mean "-" equals "_" ?

Thanks,
Mounir