[packagekit] Can I create this service pack?

Dave Bolt IT Solutions dave at davebolt.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 03:39:15 PDT 2009

From: "Richard Hughes" <hughsient at gmail.com>

> Can you define "all packages that have been installed"?
>
> Do you mean all updates since installing, or literally all packages on
> the system?

Glad you asked that question :-)
I hadn't thought about it, but I do mean all updates since installing, which
hopefully includes any packages that I have added in after the base install.
What I am thinking of is the situation where I play around with a
configuration until I have it the way I want it, then I want to build the
same configuration again, but without exposing the machine to The Internet
until after all the packages are installed and I have configured Tripwire,
SELinux, Firewall and any other security precautions I might have in mind.
I don't want to set up the system then back it up and restore from the
backup onto the new machine.
If I have to do some programming to get what I want, that shouldn't be a
problem.
Thanks
Dave