[packagekit] Res: One click install support in PackageKit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 01:28:47 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 06:49 +0530, Debayan Banerjee wrote:
> 2009/3/24 Daniel Nicoletti <dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br>:
> > Hi, i think you would like to take a
> > look at http://packagekit.org/pk-faq.html#1-click-install
> >

> So should I forget about this project totally?

No, if you are able to address the security concerns, then I think it is
very worthwhile. The easiest thing to do is just copy the suse reference
OCI implementation which in my opinion is horribly insecure.

Also, I think someone in google tried to do this a few months ago;
probably worth searching the archives for links. Thanks,