[packagekit] Res: One click install support in PackageKit

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 29 08:33:19 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Debayan Banerjee <debayanin at gmail.com> wrote:
> But they are not doing it so its easier to install 3rd party software.
> They shall do it so that Fedora users are safe when installing third
> party software. The users still have to scour for 3rd party
> repositories themselves.

I guess the difference between Fedora blessing
third party repositories and Fedora blessing third party
applications is that it lets them filter out packages they don't trust.

Would they go for that?  I kind of doubt it.  Why not ask them?

> Another scenario... can the url be
> https://checksums.packagekit.org/thirdparty instead?

Fedora and Debian would be unlikely to accept that setting by default.
They might be ok with users adding such a url,
just as they currently are ok with users adding the url of a repository.

So perhaps your idea is "add a notion of a metarepository which
refers to other repositories".
- Dan