[packagekit] How to manage multiple CDs packages ?

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 28 13:01:44 PDT 2009

>I would like to know if packagekit can manage CD-ROM changes when installing a
>package. As packagekit rule is against interaction when installing, I was
>thinking it was out of question.

It's the same as EULA required, we fail the transaction giving the
user some information about the media label, Then the user insert it
and fire the action again (which is done by the gui apps), after that
the backend must download from cd all necessary content and if
needed ask another one (failing again). So caching the packages from
cd is pretty important...
Afaik only aptcc implements that, you can use the downloadPackage
method to see it working.
It's all about the backend to supporting it ;)

Best,
Daniel.