[packagekit] Not proposing gnome-packagekit for 2.28

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 4 14:16:22 PST 2009

Richard Hughes wrote:
> Anyway, if anyone has any great argument about why I shouldn't propose
> gnome-packagekit for 2-29 (or why I should do it for 2-27) please
> shout now. I'm also not sure whether to propose it for the desktop set
> or something else. Ideas welcome.

I was going to ask about the debconf support in PackageKit, but I just found [1]
which seems to suggest it's being fixed. Is that right? Will any Debian policy
compliant package work fine with PackageKit? I guess the solution is not KDE/Qt
specific. If so that's good news.

Cheers,
Emilio

[1] http://dantti.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/packagekit-and-the-road-to-debian/