[packagekit] autotools and packagekit-glib and packagekit-qt

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Tue Nov 3 05:01:06 PST 2009

Hi,
It's not a new problem that pacakgekit-glib
and package-qt have the same .so version,
when one breaks API or ABI changing their values
changes both libs, additionally libapt-pkg
(and probably libzypp) are liked to both
client libs which shouldn't happen.
I've a talk with Richard and we don't have
much skills with autotools, I proposed a change
to cmake since imo it's a bit simpler to do this
there, but it's not a trivial change. So if you
are skilled with autotools and knows how to
fix these issues please speak up.

Thanks,
Daniel.