[packagekit] Retiring the packagekit.org git server?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 03:16:38 PST 2009

Seeing as we now have a stable PackageKit project, I propose we
deprecate the packagekit.org private server, and instead move to using
git.freedesktop.org as the upstream source. This would mean some
packagekit.org contributors would need to open accounts with
freedesktop (which is much faster these days) and allows us to
centralize all our private and public development work in one place.
It also removes the lag from the private to public repositories.

I'm wanting to consult with you guys first, so please don't start
committing to the public tree rather than the public tree just yet. We
would also need to re-route the transifex translations if we moved the
upstream repo. Comments please. Thanks.