[packagekit] Implementation of searchFiles in APT backend

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Fri Oct 23 14:53:40 PDT 2009

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:22:26 +1300, Jean Hubbard  wrote:
> It would make more sense to use the APTCC backend.

Wow! Last hour I tried the APTcc backend instead of the APT backend on my
Ubuntu machine: Never thought that it could be so much faster!
I haven't measured anything, but APTcc is so much faster than APT that I
could remove nearly all threads I use and I would not see any difference!
A standard installation of Songbird takes 10 minutes with Listaller using
PackageKit with APT backend. If I switch to APTcc backend, it only needs 5
minutes (which is far too much, I improve this at time).
I will give APTcc a closer look...