[packagekit] Implementation of searchFiles in APT backend

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Wed Oct 28 06:49:24 PDT 2009

> >> Not all the backends support '&' as it's newly introduced and optional
> >> in 0.5.x, so caveat emptor.
> >
> > The apt backend can now make use of apt-file if it is installed.
> > Unfortunately the apt-file regex support seems to not allow
> > alternation, e.g apt-file -x find "/usr/bin/xterm|/usr/bin/abiword"
> > doesn't work
> >
> > So searching for several files in one call isn't possible.
> Wow, thank you! At time I'm reading the backend code to understand how it
> works. (Because if I change something by myself I would damage more than I
> make good ;-P)
> Would it make sense to forward this apt-file behaviour to the apt-file
> developers?
No, it's not a bug nor a doesn't work, it's just not a perl regex experession.
apt-file -x search "(xterm|abiword)"
works perfectly, the problem here is that '/' are interpreted the wrong way
and i don't remember the right way to scape those, so
in aptcc i'll implement that using multiple calls to apt-file but it'll only use
apt-file if installed and if the INSTALLED filter is not set, since it's search
is too slow.

Daniel.